Posts Tagged ‘Healthy Weight Loss’
8. Replace “Bad” with “Good” food – This is a slightly different twist on the earlier advice on replacing bad addictions / habits with good. Since some food replacements are a matter of expense, and since you might be preparing food for a family rather than just one or two people, you can not always just reupholster your eating whole program at home.
But you can make some changes without too much extra expense, changes that will Affect your health, vibrancy and weight for the better. For example, replace white breads with whole grain, simple carbs with more complex ones, red meat with fish.
Even if you do not replace ALL your bad foods with good foods, make purposeful changes. For example, decide to have one night a week fish rather than meat network. Weight loss is a journey, where every step counts. So take one step in the right direction!
9. Prepare for Emergency Situations – They happen all the time. Once you start a weight-loss journey in earnest, you’ll see just what I mean. Every day, sometimes every hour it seems, something will try to sabotage your attempts to eat more healthfully and lose weight! The best way to avoid these pitfalls is to think through them and have an emergency plan.
4. Groove and Move – Some people are more sedentary than other people, just by preference. Maybe you love hiking and mountain trekking. Or maybe your favorite idea of fun is just to curl up on the couch and read a book. Whatever your preference, you can certainly find some kind of movement you enjoy.
Think about it: the options are endless! Do you enjoy rollerblading? Hiking? Just getting outside on a beautiful day for a walk? How about kick-boxing? Downhill skiing? Swimming? Brake dancing with your blinds shut so the neighbors can not see? Whatever it is, if it gets your body moving, then do it! And do it regularly!
6. Get a Buddy – Sometimes this is easier said than done. But think about it. Do you have a family member or friend who is a little heavy and has ever mentioned, even in an offhand way, the desire to lose weight? If so, go talk to this person and just tell them that you’re planning to lose some weight.
See if they want to join you, and talk about ways you can Encourage one another in reaching your goals. There’s nothing as encouraging as having a friend to help you along in the journey!
7. Identify “Bad” vs. “Good” foods – How well do you really know what’s healthy for you? I found that when it comes to making food choices, a little education can go a long way. I looked through my cupboards and fridge, writing everything down, then went online to research whether or not I was eating as healthfully as I could.
Boy, did I learn something! Researching the foods that were a regular part of my diet helped my identify which ones were “empty” calories (basmati rice, white pasta just to name a couple) and which ones I could stand to eat a lot more of (like tuna and dark green leaf lettuce). Based on what I read, I felt more informed in making eating decisions.
Original Article by A. Kalyani
You have chosen to tackle their weight and want to make sure you do it in a healthy manner. Try these tips healthy weight loss to make it easier to take those first steps towards pursuing a better fitness.
Eat breakfast daily
Studies show that people who eat breakfast typically consume fewer calories throughout the day. While you may be tempted to skip breakfast and coffee stand in performing its proper fuel the body needs to function healthfully, and her body cries out for the calories later.
Sit down to eat meals
If you are sitting down for meals, youll enjoy their food more and pay more attention to how your body feels. If you eat in front of the television or while working or driving, youll be less in line with your body and you will be more likely to overeat.
Make a commitment
Small changes add up. Confident youll probably make 30 sit-ups and 15 push-ups every night before you go to bed. Soon those sit-ups and push-ups will be a breeze and you’ll be doing 50 sit-ups and 30 push-ups. Choose something attainable and make it a routine that you never lack.