Posts Tagged ‘Arteriosclerosis’
Atherosclerosis is a disease that can affect different vessels in the body, including the brain. The lesions that occur in the brain are associated with different risk factors should be taken into account, to prevent future complications. This involves being attentive to what the possible symptoms of atherosclerosis in the brain.
Atherosclerosis is a disease that can affect different vessels in the body, including the brain. According to statistics of cerebrovascular disease is the second leading cause of death worldwide. These injuries or damage to large arteries, small vessels, causing strokes of different characteristics.
To avoid these possible complications that can affect quality of life, we must be attentive to the different symptoms, which may arise.
Symptoms of atherosclerosis in the brain
Importantly, the symptoms of cerebral atherosclerosis depend on the location and size of the lesion.
* Injury to internal carotid artery in the neck, may not produce any symptoms before you make assuming a vascular problem. Among the possible symptoms may occur or speech disorders such sensitive issues.
* Injury to the vertebral artery, in this case the symptoms come on suddenly, these are: dizziness, nausea, vomiting, dysphagia, among others.
* Injury to the basilar artery, the most characteristic symptom is vertigo.
* Injury to the posterior cerebral artery, the characteristic symptoms are dyslexia, sensory deficits, altered behavior.
While these symptoms can help warn of a possible stroke problem, it is important to note the importance of reducing risk factors such as hypercholesterolemia, hypertriglyceridemia, hypertension, stress, sedentary lifestyle, smoking, etc..
The best prevention is to avoid the appearance of possible symptoms, that way you can live a more full and healthy.
Cholesterol due to atherosclerosis Altoun most common complications stemming from high cholesterol levels and sustained, is arteriosclerosis, but what is really atherosclerosis. To understand more why it is so important to control blood cholesterol levels refer to me what is the definition of atherosclerosis. Find and preserve your health.
One of the most prevalent cardiovascular diseases is atherosclerosis, which can mean a significant risk, as it not only reduces the quality of life, but also can lead to death.
Definition of atherosclerosis
it is known as atherosclerosis and fibro-proliferative thickening muscle or endothelial walls of small arteries and arterioles. It can also be considered as a group of diseases characterized by damage to the arteries produce small or medium size.
What is atherosclerosis?
You could say that in atherosclerosis can find three different entities
* Atherosclerosis, which is characterized by the formation of atheromas (accumulated lipids) in the artery walls, they reduce the diameter of the arteries, causing less oxygen to the tissues and therefore there is a risk of ischemia acute myocardial infarction. Atherosclerosis can be linked to the process of arterial hypertension, blood vessel inflammation and autoimmune processes. This process can affect the arteries of different organs.
* Monckeberg sclerosis, this is characterized by fibrosis and calcification of the middle of the arteries of the lower limbs, in this type of MS there is no reduction of the caliber of the artery.
* Arteriosclerosis itself.
Know the definition of atherosclerosis may be helpful to understand the consequences that may result in these diseases.
The information and prevention go hand in hand, the more knowledge you have about this or other topics, the more likely you’ll have a better quality of life.
Arteriosclerosis, along with other cholesterol problems, can be dangerous to your health. Consider Concordia University online programs to get a healthcare degree and help others with their cholesterol problems.