Archive for the ‘Cholesterol’ Category
Cholesterol due to atherosclerosis Altoun most common complications stemming from high cholesterol levels and sustained, is arteriosclerosis, but what is really atherosclerosis. To understand more why it is so important to control blood cholesterol levels refer to me what is the definition of atherosclerosis. Find and preserve your health.
One of the most prevalent cardiovascular diseases is atherosclerosis, which can mean a significant risk, as it not only reduces the quality of life, but also can lead to death.
Definition of atherosclerosis
it is known as atherosclerosis and fibro-proliferative thickening muscle or endothelial walls of small arteries and arterioles. It can also be considered as a group of diseases characterized by damage to the arteries produce small or medium size.
What is atherosclerosis?
You could say that in atherosclerosis can find three different entities
* Atherosclerosis, which is characterized by the formation of atheromas (accumulated lipids) in the artery walls, they reduce the diameter of the arteries, causing less oxygen to the tissues and therefore there is a risk of ischemia acute myocardial infarction. Atherosclerosis can be linked to the process of arterial hypertension, blood vessel inflammation and autoimmune processes. This process can affect the arteries of different organs.
* Monckeberg sclerosis, this is characterized by fibrosis and calcification of the middle of the arteries of the lower limbs, in this type of MS there is no reduction of the caliber of the artery.
* Arteriosclerosis itself.
Know the definition of atherosclerosis may be helpful to understand the consequences that may result in these diseases.
The information and prevention go hand in hand, the more knowledge you have about this or other topics, the more likely you’ll have a better quality of life.
Arteriosclerosis, along with other cholesterol problems, can be dangerous to your health. Consider Concordia University online programs to get a healthcare degree and help others with their cholesterol problems.
Both oats and red fruits may turn out to be very well against cholesterol. That’s why it takes nothing more than to unite them into a smoothie and enjoy their properties. It is simple to prepare and, last but not least, perfect for breakfast, for its mild flavor, fruit and sweet. Simply try the recipe and see how good it is.
* A cup of oat milk
* One cup of berries several (strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, etc.).
* Sweetener to taste
Prepare oat milk following the directions given in the link. Then, place it in the bowl of the mixer. Add there the berries thoroughly cleaned, incorporating several to get different flavors. Previously may be macerated in lemon juice and sweetener allowed to release their juice.
Finally, no more to process and enjoy this tasty smoothie. Ideally, consume on an empty stomach, because at the time of the day the body is most receptive to nutrients. So purify your body, you always beneficial fed the fiber and also add interesting antioxidant properties of red fruits. Not bad for cholesterol in every respect.
When your body has too much bad cholesterol, you will suffer high cholesterol disease. But some people are rather to life with high cholesterol in their body, because they do not understand the importance oh having balance HDL and LDL cholesterol. Someone with high-level LDL in his body are exposed their own body to life threatening diseases like heart attack and cancer. Make sure that you have normal amount of LDL cholesterol by checking it n your doctor.
If you already have high cholesterol levels, than you should make attempt to increase the HDL level, because they work like bad cholesterol hunter. Eat food that do not contains from dangerous fat like chicken skin, fast food or saturated fat food. It is best to cook your own food, because you are the only one person who knows what you need, always stay away from oily food, they will causing obesity and do not provide beneficial nutrient to support your body. If you are too lazy to engage in physical activities like aerobic, you can walk to your office, it is great way to shed some pounds and reduce the LDL level.
Supplement or healthy drink like green tea also has healthy result, they highly contains with natural ingredients.
If you try to reduce LDL cholesterol and raise your HDL cholesterol level there are some things you can do.
The first is watching your diet. Avoiding foods high in saturated fat and cholesterol like butter, eggs and red meat can help you lower their LDL cholesterol levels. In addition, you can help raise your HDL levels by replacing those saturated fats in your diet with healthy fats such as olive oil, canola oil, avocados and nuts. These fats raise our HDL levels and keep us healthy.
Second, to reduce levels of LDL cholesterol, it is important to exercise. Walking is a great way to help reduce your cholesterol levels, and it will help lower blood pressure, too.
If you are overweight, losing weight will help you reduce cholesterol levels, too. Making dietary changes mentioned above and began training to make a few pounds more easily dropped. If you are a smoker, you should stop. Smoking significantly increases the risk of heart disease.
Your cholesterol levels are also influenced by heredity. Some people tend to be high cholesterol, even if they exercise regularly and eat a healthy diet. If you fall into this category, you may need medication in addition to lifestyle changes to get your cholesterol under control. Read the rest of this entry »
Lots of information on cholesterol and foods to reduce cholesterol is greater than that available. However, it is easier, a list of foods that do not increase your cholesterol levels, making products such as fruits and vegetables in particular. You should also know that some may actually reduce foods high in cholesterol. If you are the high cholesterol, may try to reach a normal level of cholesterol in the consumption of these foods.
Oatmeal and oat bran are certain foods that help lower cholesterol. Because the level of “bad” cholesterol can be lowered by soluble fiber. Experts think the reason that the fiber can slow the absorption of cholesterol. A good amount of soluble fiber should be five to ten grams per day.
Oatmeal should be taken not only for breakfast. You can also add other foods to eat for lunch and dinner, add your grill. Types of soluble fiber helps maintain healthy cholesterol levels, if you do not feel like oatmeal.
Other foods in your diet of foods containing omega-3 fatty acids must be included. This is because it has been found to lower triglycerides. Some foods that are rich in omega-3 fatty acids are nuts, and flavorful with a healthy diet. Nuts are protein and fiber, which is completed successfully. Walnuts and almonds are also good man nuts for lowering cholesterol, in addition to peanuts, hazelnuts, walnuts and pistachios. Read the rest of this entry »
Have low blood total cholesterol level is very important to keep healthy arteries. Therefore, everyone should aim for high blood levels of HDL and low LDL.
When we eat too many foods that contain lots of saturated fats such as butter, cheese or red meat increases our cholesterol levels. If you reach our level above 200mg/dL is said to have high cholesterol levels. While exercise and diet can reduce this level many people who are prescribed drugs to do the job.
The most common class of drugs capable of reducing cholesterol is statins. They work by inhibiting the action of liver enzymes responsible for producing cholesterol.
Statins lower LDL cholesterol and total cholesterol. At the same time, they lower triglycerides (blood fats) and increase HDL cholesterol levels. They may also tend to stabilize the plaque in arteries. What makes the blood clot suddenly less likely?
Statins can cause headaches, difficulty sleeping, muscle aches, dizziness, nausea, abdominal cramps, and others.
Other drugs niacin, bile acid resins or fibric acid derivatives.
Vitamin B3 niacin is found naturally in many foods and supplements. This can lower bad cholesterol while increasing good cholesterol levels. Side effects can result in itching, headaches, hot flushes or tingling. Read the rest of this entry »
Many people may spend their time to look for the best way to lead a healthy life style. When we go to the gym, the body trainer may suggest us to spend our time at the gym and try all kinds of latest technological sport equipments. On the other hand, when we try to ask the yoga trainer, he or she will definitely pushes us to try yoga as a good way of driving to healthier body condition.
Indeed, it is all no avail. However, we have to realize that the basic way of maintaining perfectly healthy body is by keeping up a balanced life style between work, leisure and pleasure, rest, and the kinds of food we consume each day with the amount of calorie we spend.
To stay fit, all we have to do is to lower cholesterol level. Doing this we can avoid all kinds of lethal diseases that is triggered by the high level of cholesterol such as stroke, heart attack, and many others. We can lower our cholesterol level by quit smoking and decrease the amount of fatty food in our diet. We can also add our physical activity to drive a healthier body. Yet, when we have to deal with the temptation of eating all kinds of delicious food, we can whisper to ourselves the importance of maintaining lower cholesterol level.
- Increase consumption of vegetables, rich in protein such as beans, peas, chickpeas, lentils or beans.
- Increase consumption of vegetables (spinach, celery, onion, garlic, chard, spinach, lettuce, peppers, leeks, radishes, beets, cabbage, cauliflower, carrots, etc..) And cereals (rice, oats, corn, wheat, barley, etc.).
- Increase consumption of fresh fruit. It can also be dried or preserved.
- More olive oil. Olive oil has a differential effect compared to other vegetable oils rich in polyunsaturated or monounsaturated fatty acids. They all lead to a decrease in LDL cholesterol (bad cholesterol), while only olive oil prevents cholesterol-lowering HDL (good cholesterol).
However, it is only virgin olive oil which inhibits the oxidation of LDL due to its high content of antioxidant compounds, particularly tocopherols and phenolic compounds.
- Avoid foods prepared and cooked at home prefer.
- When cooking is preferable to make boiled, broiled, grilled or boiled rather than fried, and avoid the battered or breaded.
This element necessary for our body can be harmful if they increase their levels. Here are six keys to control and reduce cholesterol in the blood.
- It is important to limit consumption of animal fats like butter, bacon, butter, etc. and replaced by vegetable fats such as olive oil or sunflower seeds as.
- It is also important to reduce the consumption of meat and sausages. Avoid bacon and sausages. The pieces of pork and beef to be lean, ie, free of visible fat. The lean ham is also low in fat. Chicken, turkey, rabbit, hare, partridge, quail, goat … are lean meats if we are careful to remove the skin.
- Reduce consumption of foods high in cholesterol as organ meats (brain, liver, kidneys, sweetbreads, tripe) and seafood. The eggs should be reduced to three or four a week without actually remove them from our diet because they are a very complete food. Egg whites or meringue can be made without problem.
- Milk is one of the most complete foods and, therefore, also provides a certain amount of fat. Taking a lot is convenient to choose skimmed or semi. Choose also the semi-or nonfat yogurt.